Friday, March 19, 2010

Live Like You're Livin

It's been a while since we last met and it's about time we've spoken. Recently, I stopped being a "teen." At about a quarter of the way through my life, I can honestly say that I'm a scared shitless.

What is it that has my panties in a bunch? Is it that fact that I'm one year closer to the inevitable end of my existence? Or maybe it's that, in my 20 years of living, I really haven't done much in terms of contribution to society.

Sorry I lied. I was scared. I was afraid of leaving this world behind without having left some sort of mark on it, but then I talked to an extremely wise young woman (or maybe it was because I watched 27 Dresses for the first time... don't hate). With just a few words I was out. Out from the intimacy of the temptress known as fear. Because here's the deal: Whatever happens in the future, we're still living now. I shouldn't need to be on the verge of death to realize that I want to have Scarlett Johannson's babies or enter platform 9 and 3 quarters, or something just as simple as yelling at the top of your lungs for the hell of it after finishing a great workout without feeling the least bit awkward in getting death glares from all the other students outside.

I guess all I can say is this: Keep the future (your goals) in mind, but remember to LIVE while you're achieving them.

Still alive,
Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment