Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Of Goals and Diablo III



It's always important to remember that you won't always get what you want. Just because I have frequent wet dreams about Emma Watson doesn't mean that she's going to give me that handjob anytime soon. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?) I feel like most of my life has been spent waiting for something to happen. It feels like such a waste.... each day, spent waiting for the next. Thoughts like, "I can't wait for spring break," or "I'm going to cum SO HARD when Diablo III is released" invade my mind on a day-to-day basis. It's just not realistic (mostly because Diablo III will tickle me for eternity and never come out on time). Waiting around for something to happen is counterproductive. Don't get me wrong: it's good to have goals or plans for the future, but don't dwell on them too much.

Impossible goals are often the best kind. Well, I guess it depends how many boners you get until that time comes (pun not intended, until just now). Setting ridiculously high goals is a double-edged sword. Although it may act as motivation, the potentiality of not achieving them can deter you from what you actually plan on getting accomplished. I would love to look like Brad Pitt or Edward Norton. Is that realistic? Maybe, maybe not. If anything, it's far away from happening, but I know that if I keep that kind of body image in mind, it will motivate me to work harder. 

Life is filled with unexpected, unimaginable obstacles. These roadblocks often stand in the way of our goals, of our potential-self. I mean, sure, being a pedophile is a punishable offense, but if you like really young girls, you're going to have to push through and face the consequences. Now that you're offended, let me go ahead and suggest that maybe that wasn't the best example... We'll use my friend as an example. This friend of mine has pretty high fitness goals and wants to achieve a body that he's happy with. Unfortunately, girls keep interrupting his focus and screwing with his head in general. Often, failures with the opposite sex tend to lead to binging behavior, mostly through the use of food. (If you haven't figured out it's me yet, go take a bath with a toaster.) These obstacles may mess up my life for a short period of time, but they're inevitable. Everyone goes through their own shit. It's how we handle this hardship that truly defines us.

Remember: Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up.


Taking the good with the bad,
- Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment