Thursday, February 18, 2010

Balls to the Wall


I want to talk about two things today: judgment and satisfaction.

First of all, I can't speak for everyone but... I have this innate urge to judge everyone at first glance, whether it by appearance, attitude, or just the look on their face. Since I got back from winter break, I've been working on it really hard. Second chances don't come out of me easily (especially when I'm constipated) but I've been giving out third even fourth chances lately. However, recently, I've been struggling again and I can't figure out why. Could it be because I'm a psychology major and the field is governed by interpreting at first glance? Or am I just cynical when I perform poorly in the gym, academically, or in bed? (You wish you even had a chance to demonstrate ANY sexual ability, Rob.) Nevertheless, it's something that's been on my mind for a while now. While I can't point out the exact reasoning, I can definitely be a hypocrite and tell you not to be judgmental of people. Next time you see that fat guy at your gym, don't sneer. Just smile, and give him a pat on the back.

NOW, onto a happier topic... no, not Krispy Kremes... let's talk about satisfaction. Yes, I'm aware that doughnuts are the root of a variety of culinary satisfactions, but this is a health and fitness blog, so I'm going to insist that if you must eat a fried delight... be sure to add some protein powder to it. Seriously, though, after having quite a disastrous binge-filled Valentine's weekend, I'm happy to report my weight is a stable 196.1. Although this means I only lost a lb in a week, the point is: I didn't gain weight. I like that feeling, the satisfaction of a decent weigh-in or the end of a tough workout. Benny Benassi was onto something... Anywho, hopefully, anyone else attaining their goals this week succeeds and carries on to brighter, more physically-fit future.

Yours truly,
- Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment