Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Don't Look Back

Once upon a time there was a little brown boy who did absolutely nothing with his life. The poor sap got older and older and took notice of his lack of effort. Thoughts like, "Why didn't I just join that basketball camp in the 3rd grade?" and "If I had only told her I liked her.." passed through his mind from time to time. And what did he have to gain from such thinking? WEIGHT. What did he lose? NOT WEIGHT. If there is anything that should be learned from the prospect of our future success, is that we tend to enjoy laughing at male genitalia. Living with regrets also sucks. Don't do it.

Once you've hit the ground running you're probably going to stumble over a few cheeseburgers, some naughty websites, or whatever it was that tickled your pickle. What's important is to learn something from it and move on. Since wisdom can only be learned not taught; let yourself make a few mistakes and do some wisdoming. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do know what it's like to dwell. I also know that if I hadn't made the mistakes I did, I wouldn't have the determination I have now. Taken out of context from the words of a certain Mr. Mathers, "You're too old, let go, it's over."

Until next post,
Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment