Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sometimes...


Sometimes, knowing when to back down is hard. Backing down is even harder. Never giving up is a quality that many of us would like to possess: a type of dedication and strength that could overcome even the toughest diversity. Unfortunately, it's not enough. I can safely say that I hate giving up. I don't like backing down. One more rep, one more set, one more workout... no excuses. There's no such things as sickness or fatigue in my book. If it has to be done, you better count on the fact that I'm going do it.

I'm strict on others and I'm even stricter on myself. If I can't be disciplined, what makes me qualified to tell others how to lift or better yet, how to live their lives? If I can't live up to my promise of posting at least once a day here, why do I deserve to have a blog? What makes my opinion matter? Sometimes, I wish people had the same mindset as me, but they don't, and I have to realize that. I have to realize that I can't change anyone but myself.

Sometimes, people will tell you that things "aren't worth it" and that you should just "forget it." Sometimes, they're right. Sometimes... they're not. I guess it all depends on how stubborn you are. For me, it reaches ridiculous levels and I go over-the-top with punishments and restrictions. Whether or not they're justified, it makes me feel better and that's just downright selfish. We all have to strive to keep others' thoughts in mind. We have to help others before we can help ourselves.

Sometimes, change isn't easy. In fact, most of the time, it's not. We have to keep in mind that change is necessary, but we also have to ask ourselves whether it's detrimental or beneficial. If the motives behind a goal are justified, we're clear to proceed. If not, then it's back to the drawing board. Changing a mindset often has to happen first before we can work on tangible items. For me, that's not being stubborn and learning to keep others in mind. For you, well, fill in the blank: _________________.

Always,
-Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment