Friday, February 19, 2010

You Don't Look Like You Work Out..



We've all had that moment. A seemingly innocent conversation with an acquaintance turns deadly with just a few words. I wanna say, "Of course I don't douchebag, that's why I work out." And sometimes I do. Other times a non confrontational "Meh" along with a shoulder shrug is what ends up coming out. In either case, the words cycle through my head for the rest of the next couple of days, slowly manifesting itself into a giant pots and pans robot, waiting for the time when the reincarnation of my past life's true love appears before me... K I'll stop. 

Most people who say things like "you don't look like you work out" or "You really lost five pounds?" tend to be people that don't work out themselves. Anyone who put in the effort towards bettering his/herself would know that it ain't easy. But having haters isn't all bad, because in the end they're probably right. They're just saying out loud what they're thinking in their head and getting defensive won't make you look any better. Only a week or so ago, I had someone use those same words on me. A few days later this blog was born. So before you void your bowels in front of the woman you just realized you don't want to be with (k, that's the last one), try doing something better. Good things will come.

Peace,
Vin 


No comments:

Post a Comment