Monday, February 15, 2010

Mmm... Cake Batter...


As I sit here in the undergraduate library, I think to myself: boy, I sure am hungry. Actually, it's more like: Christ, I'm starving! I'd love to go back to my dorm room and make myself a nice protein shake. I get moist just thinking about that prospect.


That got me thinking about protein powder. Although I don't have any scientific evidence to back this up, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that most avid weightlifters are taking some sort of added protein supplement. Even though I'm curious as to what everyone uses and how they do so, I don't have the time nor patience to listen to that sort of tomfoolery.

Nevertheless, I thought I'd share what kind of powder I'm currently ingesting and maybe offer a short review as well. Back in the day, when my only concern was cash, I used EAS purchased from the local Sam's Club for about 29.95/5-lb bag. Not only was the taste absolutely horrendous, but it mixed poorly and made me want to rip my tongue from the inside of my mouth and throw it against the hard pavement.

Ever since December, however, I was introduced to the glory that is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. This stuff is orgasmic, to say the least. I started with the double chocolate flavor and fell in love instantly. Unfortunately, I ran out midway through last week... but found something equally as succulent if not more so.


Same brand, same protein intake, whole new party-in-my-mouth sensation. I'm not sure if selling protein powder this delicious is legal. It's as if they're marketing liquid sugar cookies. After a workout, I have two scoops of this with about 8oz. of skim milk and I nearly ejaculate all over the floor. Yeah, it's that good.

I'd recommend this to anyone looking to supplement their diet with a little extra protein. The taste is phenomenal, it mixes well, and the price is pretty good too. I got a 5-lb container for about 38 bucks at fitrx.com with free shipping. Awesome. 5/5

Cheers,
- Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment